The wedding of Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle is less than two weeks away, and Anglophiles across the world are abuzz with excitement about the royal affair. If you haven’t been keeping up, here are five things you might not know about the royal wedding on May 19, including a possible Texas tie.
- The wedding will take place inside St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, which is located about 40 minutes outside of London. Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles, was also married to Camilla Parker Bowles in Windsor.
- There is a rumor going around Windsor, which I visited last week, that Beyonce is going to perform as part of the ceremony inside St. George’s Chapel. Granted, it’s a rumor…
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reside at Kensington Palace, the same place where his brother, Prince William, lives with his family.
- Meghan Markle is the first American to marry into the royal family since 1937.
- The couple’s wedding cake will be baked by Claire Ptak, a pastry chef who was raised in California but now owns London-based bakery Violet Cakes. The flavor? Lemon elderflower.